Home > Our Profile System > Chamfered (System10)
Our chamfered profile suite allows for the production of top hung and side hung installations, with the ability to accept a full range of hardware, allowing full compliance with all the latest building regulations, and meeting all the latest product testing standards. It has the added advantage of full compatibility with our sculptured ‘ovolo’ profile system, so you can mix and match between the two.
Features & Benefits
- 70mm and 62mm profile
Profile measures 70mm/62mm front to back, to ensure a direct replacement with timber windows with minimal trimming or finishing.
- Fully Interchangeable
The suite is integrated with the sculptured 62mm and 70mm systems. This means that the same ancillaries, reinforcements, mouldings and hardware are used, which will help keep your stock holding to a minimum.
- Fully integrated and fully versatile
The versatility of an all in one system is that it offers greater opportunities to new markets without increased costs of production switchovers or increased stock holding. It allows for an extensive range of window and door styles to be fabricated and offered to your clients/ customers.
- Choice of bead and glazing options
Designed to accept 24mm, 28mm and 32mm sealed units. The profiles can be fitted with a choice of chamfered or ‘ovolo’ shaped features. A secondary weather seal on the beading gives an improved performance.
- Thermal sleeve insertxxCompatible with our thermal insert (patent applied for) sleeve to achieve a WER A rating with a double glazed unit when applied to the outerframe reinforcement chamber.
- Product applications
Product range allows for the manufacture of casement windows, french and tilt and turn windows, residential doors, inline patio doors and bi-fold doors.
- Material specification
All profiles are manufactured from acrylic high impact modified, Polyvinyl Chloride unplasticised compound (PVCu).
- ChambersxxFive fully enclosed chambers with an increased wall thickness offer additional product strength, rigidity and performance in addition to improved thermal efficiency.
- Reinforcement chamber
The additional chamber enables galvanised steel reinforcement to be used for greater strength and rigidity.
- Single leg bead for quick and easy glazingxxOur single leg beading has a simple ‘knock-in’ design that is fitter friendly and will make glazing on site quick, easy and more positive. The single leg bead provides a performance to BS7950 Security enhancement standards.
- PCE gasket
Our PCE low level gasket allows quicker fabrication and installation. The heat bonded gasket means that there is no shrinkage or any risk of the incorrect gasket being fitted. It gives a consistency in quality and finish, which reduces any hard lumps in corners and overcomes any stretching problems. It features a new weather seal flipper and 3.0mm glazing pad for an improved seal.
- Low level gasket
Our PCE gaskets are low level, which means they are designed to fit in with the profile so that the maximum glass area is made visible with no unsightly gasket lines.
A wider drainage channel allows for a quick draining of any water/ residue built up for an improved performance.
- Top hat fixings and screw portsxxHardware and striker keeps are screwed into top hat fixing points and screw ports for an improved technical and enhanced security performance.
- 10mm overlap
A 10mm overlap as standard gives an increased weather performance.